BSc. Biomedical Sciencies
This is a four year programme in Biomedical Sciecies. Thirty students admitted every year.
- To provide students with broad-based understanding of Biomedical Sciences.
- To provide a capacity base for human resources for diagnostic, academic, research, consultancy and training for Institutions in Malawi.
- To improve quality of training for Biomedical Technologists in Malawi.
- To provide opportunities for further study in Dentistry, Medicine and other health related professions in Malawi and beyond.
- To develop transferable skills in numeric, communication, teamwork and independent learning.
- To develop and apply research skills to a wide range of questions and issues in Biomedical Sciences.
Biomedical Science Courses for Generic Students
Semester I Semester II
- Physics for Health Sciences I
- Chemistry for Health Science I
- Mathematics I
- Biology 1
- Physics for Health
- Sciences II
- Chemistry for Health Sciences II
- Mathematics II
- Biology II
- Information and Comm. Technology
Semester III Semester IV
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- Biochemistry I
- Community Health
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- Medical Genetics
Semester V Semester VI
- Pathology I(General)
- Microbiology I
- Bioinstrumentation and Biotesting Methods
- Pathology II (Systemic)
- Microbiology II
- Introduction to Research Methodology
- Molecular Biology
Semester VII Semester VIII
- Reproductive Health I
- Biotechnology in Health Sciences
- Blood Transfusion
- Health Services Management
- Reproductive Health II
- Human Nutrition
- Research Project & Dissertation